Spiders can be a real nuisance especially if you have a large number multiplying in your home. Find out the best ways to kill spiders in your house.
- 1 How to kill spiders
- 2 1. Always keep your kitchen clean
- 3 2. Get rid of clutter
- 4 3. Use natural deterrents
- 5 4. Seal food in air-tight containers
- 6 5. Use spider traps or repellent inside home or garage
- 7 6. Window treatment gets rid of spiders
- 8 7. Plug leaks to stop spiders in house and basement
- 9 8. Leave the kitchen lights on
- 10 9. The kitchen garbage outside in the yard
- 11 10. Fumigation to kill spiders
How to kill spiders
Spiders are usually the bane of so many homeowners’ existence. They quickly reproduce and have a relatively short life span. So, getting rid of them can sometimes prove to be a daunting task. They commonly thrive also like silverfish, in dark, moist, and damp areas, such as kitchen corners,in the kitchen counters and drawers, or even in garbage disposal drains. They are also attracted to fruits and foods, especially those that are rotting or fermenting. One common types that can cause problems are the wolf spider, the brown recluse spider and the black widow among many others. To get rid of spiders inside as well as spider control outside, here are some effective ways you can use.
1. Always keep your kitchen clean
2. Get rid of clutter
Just like mice and cockroaches, spiders also like clutter and dark places. Some most common spider-attracting areas are under-bed storage, stacks of storage boxes, crowded under-sink storage and plies of old magazines and newspapers. These are some of these you will ensure that are all removed from the home or properly kept in the right place. Eliminating clutter will reduce spiders in your home. Clutter and rubbish on the floor of a car can also be attractive to spiders and if you don’t clean up regularly you may find a horde of baby spiders running around.
Check out this effective natural peppermint spider spray
3. Use natural deterrents
Several of the same ways used to control ants and cockroaches will also deter spiders. For instance, place some glue traps in places you usually find spiders, such as under utility sinks and behind the water-heater.
4. Seal food in air-tight containers
5. Use spider traps or repellent inside home or garage
Basically, there are so many traps and repellents you can use to get rid of spiders outside or inside. It is up to you to choose the type of spider trap you would like to set up in your kitchen and other areas of your home. Some of these traps you can use for spider extermination include:
Using Apple cider vinegar to repel spiders and other home remedies
– Surprisingly, this method is one of the easiest and handy trap to use in getting rid of spiders from your home. To set it up, mix some apple cider vinegar and dish soap (a citrus-scented soap preferably) with warm water and place it where you often see spiders and leave it there for some time. Spiders do not like vinegar so once they smell it, they tend to move away from that place. These remedies will eventually eliminate them from your home.
Many people have also reported the effectiveness of bleach for killing spiders.
An alternative method for keeping spiders away
6. Window treatment gets rid of spiders
Treating your both sides of your windows with water and a combo of ammonia can effectively get rid of spiders from your home too. After drying, wipe them with kerosene using a soft cloth or newspaper – this will leave a kerosene scent that repels spiders.
7. Plug leaks to stop spiders in house and basement
Sometimes, even after thoroughly cleaning your kitchen and no fruits or foods are left open in the kitchen counter-tops you continue seeing some spiders in the room. In such case, there might be a leaky juice or simply a wine barrel somewhere in the room. This means that you should also ensure that all liquid containers are properly sealed and does not have leaks for proper pest control.
8. Leave the kitchen lights on
Most spiders tend to be more active in the light than in the dark and they are easily attracted to the light. So, in addition to your traps, it’s important to leave the kitchen lights on overnight so that the spiders can easily get into the traps and eventually get eliminated. With light, they are likely to fall into the trap as they move around looking for food and fruits.
9. The kitchen garbage outside in the yard
It is more likely that the presence of spiders in your kitchen is due to the smell of garbage in your kitchen garbage bin, particularly if your garbage bin is using a revolving top instead of a lid. It is therefore important to take garbage out of your kitchen at least once daily, especially during summer when most spiders are very active. Before returning your garbage bin into the room, make sure it is disinfected and cleaned to avoid these spiders from coming into it.
10. Fumigation to kill spiders
Conclusively, these are some of the natural ways that you can use to get rid of spiders from your home, particularly kitchen areas. It is recommended to combine some of these methods to effectively get rid of spiders completely from your home. To get a highly effective spider spay from Amazon, click here